Alice Cooper, John Legend, & Sara Bareilles to star in Jesus Christ Superstar Live on NBC April 1st

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Alice Cooper, John Legend, & Sara Bareilles to star in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar Live on NBC April 1st

Alice Cooper will play the part of King Herod, John Legend will do the role of Jesus, and Sara Bareilles will be Mary Magdalene in the NBC TV Live production of Jesus Christ Superstar from Marcy Armory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York Sunday, April 1.

2. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Uhhhh...I kinda thought NBC had given up on the concept. “Hairspray” was fairly amusing, but “Peter Pan” was cringeworthy, and I’m a huge Walken fan. I’m sure somebody will have a conniption fit over the casting, but that’s their problem. What’s the buzz?

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Christmas Story was pretty lame, too.

4. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I agree.

5. whatizitman

whatizitman

Sep 9, 2014
    I probably wouldn't watch Christmas Story, Peter Pan, or Hairspray in any media/venue, anyway. And as much as I can appreciate some music from Jesus Christ Superstar (far more than Hairspray), I think the play itself is utterly ridiculous.

But Alice Cooper in Jesus Christ Superstar? That just makes sense in every way. I may have to watch it. But I also said that about the winter olympics, and I haven't watched it yet. Skiing is the only olympic sport I give a rat's butt about. Just trying to be helpful.

Even better:
    EDIT: NSFW album cover pic. Afghan Whigs cover of The Temple.