1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Alicia Keys band/bass player.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Everytime I see them perform live on T.V they sound GREAT! her band is tight! I saw them yesterday on some type of Today show, the bass player looked like he was playing a Warwick 5/6, had serious low end.

2. Saw them @ Rock In Rio Lisbon...great band, really tight.

3. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I think his name is Sharay Reed who has also played with Beyonce and on one of Bishop T.D.Jakes albums

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If that's Sharey Reed, then he's a bad mofo for sure. He's played with Brian Culbertson I think IIRC.I'd like to find out who that young cat is that plays with Carl Thomas' band. I was watching him on BET and the kid can play his ass off. Anyone know?

5. DannyRamirez

DannyRamirez

Sep 20, 2012
    The guys name is Adam Blackstone. He's played for Jill Scott to... he's an awesome bassist and band leader

6. ERicks

ERicks

Feb 22, 2014
    Both of those dudes are great, Adam plays with Timberlake too I believe. Sharay is one of my favorite dudes out there.

7. WillCO

WillCO An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    What a gig. Alicia Keys is one of those people who understands pop sensibility but is a true, hardened musician beneath. I would learn so much by playing with her.