Alien Ant Farm - ANThology

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Jul 13, 2001.

1. I saw a few of their videos on MTV2 (Movies and the Michael Jackson cover, Smooth Criminal) and I thought they had a really original cool which seperated them from other modern rock bands. I was wondering if anyone had picked up their cd "ANThology" and what they thought about it. Thanks.
  2. Yes. I have it. Yes, I would recommend it. But I like anything. Movies is good, there are songs like that, songs different. You know. I haven't really been any help have I? Suffice to say, I love it. The album.
  3. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i saw alien antfarm at a concert.
    they kicked ass!
    the bass player is freakin crazy!!
  4. With a lot of these new rock groups they have one good single and then the rest of the album is crap. But after hearing two of their songs and reading the article in BP, i'm pretty interested to hear what the album sounds like, so I think I'll pick it up.
  5. Apparently their bassist is the most annoying band member in the world. He completely ruined a slow song by getting naked or something and generally fooling around. What a guy.
  6. bleachstained

Apr 22, 2001
    I think the cd is alright. I mean, I listened to it quite a bit at first but, then got burnt out. I think it's the singer, the vocals just sort of sound the same after awhile.
  7. Does anyone else think the singer sounds like Brandon Boyd from Incubus? Just a thought. I have to say I like what I've heard of them so far. Now that I think about it, the whole band sounds a bit like Incubus. Or maybe that's just me.
  8. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I have that cd, Ive only listened to three songs, Movies, the song after movies (good bass line) and Smooth Criminal.

The singer sounds kinda like the guy from Incubus, but I think the Incubus guy can sing a million times better.
  9. Yeah but can anyone really compare to Brandon Boyd at the moment in the "alternative" scene. Except of course for the vocalists of Cradle of Filfth and Mudvayne. Musicians at their best. The guy from ant farm has a reasonably good voice.
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Stevie me boy, what have I told you about thinking?! Just buy it!

Now, I've only heard 1 Cradle of Filth song, but it didn't exactly strike me as having any singing in it...let alone good singing.
  11. yeah, I was serious. for some more classics try slipknot and defenestration. I prefer the Jackson Five myself.
  12. I know, Angus, I know. :D
    My friend burned himself a copy and I listened to it and it's pretty damn good, only some of the songs were cut off early. :(
    Hey Chris, can you spare me 12 bucks? ;)