Alien Ant Farm

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bb_boy68, Jul 8, 2001.

1. What do u guys think of alien ant farm and their bassist. Or just what do u think of them?
  2. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I like 'em, but Tye ain't nothing special IMHO.
  3. IMO the video for "Smooth Criminal" is just plain weird. Its a cool song though.
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001

Smooth Criminal as in the Micheal Jackson version?!
  5. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    they'd be all right if they had a better singer, IMO.
  6. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yep, it's great. They even got the screams down.
  7. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mmmmmm.... i won't pass any judgement till i hear thier version.
  8. Alien Ant Farm=kickass, their bassist is really good also.
  9. gonzo85

Mar 25, 2001
    I actually saw them live during warped tour--their performance impressed me enough to pick up the cd. Much more impressive live--see them if you get a chance. The bass player was totally tight and had awesome stage presence...but maybe my judgement was clouded by watching pickin' punkers all day.
  10. I'm starting to really dig them. I saw the Smooth Criminal video and ran out to the store to buy thier CD (I'm kind of a in-the-closet-Michael-Jackson-fan). I think their singer could be better. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Warped this upcoming weekend.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I like Them a bit. I like Movies and Summer in particular. Other than that, I'm just a casual listener. Don't own the album, wouldn't buy it, but it would be an appriciated gift...
  12. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I just saw the vid for smooth criminal the other day and i was impressed by the bassist. He was awsome. He still isnt as good as Matt Freemon though.
  13. The Bassist is quyite a dude I think, he plays a 6-string doesn't he? Well that's what it looks like to me on the Movies video.

I don't like the singer though or that song in particular. Have they got any other material i should check out?
  14. Traveler

Jun 26, 2001
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, a fretless 6. Ive seen em live before. Like someone said earlier, its a cool song but they are nothin special.
  15. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I just saw smooth criminal on MuchMusic yesterday, I must say, I laughed my ass off. That's the best thing I've seen in trendy music for a while. Loved it.
  16. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Cool, so I'm not the only one that found the vid incredibly funny as hell! Especially when he's walkin and all the tiles light up and then he touches the mail box and it lights up too! That's hilarious! :D :) *sigh*
    I've thought about a rock vid of smooth criminal here and there, and they did it. I like that whole song, it sounds bad@$$! But I think the vid is what is really cool for me. I dunno if I'd pick up the rest of the album. I think I just might go and get the mp3. I think I'll do that now. :)
  17. I thought that video was funny when the Thriller-extra wannabe jumped into the poop! I don't know why but that gets me every time!

PS Are you sure it is a fretless? I know it's a Dave Parr.
  18. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i saw alien antfarm live when they were on tour with papa roach and snapcase... they were ok.
    but that bassist was pretty cool. he was crazy with the stage presence...i think he was on something.
  19. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I thought he plays one of those Kenneth Lawrence Brase basses? They have them on under 5 string shootout. The big deal about them is they have a horm that connects to the neck to add extra sustain and a hipshot d tuner on the b string to make it go down to drop a tuning. Quite a bass.