Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

alien ant farm

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pharcyde, Jul 16, 2001.

1. What kind of bass does their bass player use? It's some kinda 6-string.

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey pick up the new bassplayer mag it has a story about him in it!

3. I don't get bassplayer anymore. Kinda got bored with it. But I would like to know what that is he's playing the the Smooth Criminal video (Hillarious btw, I love that kinda stuff). I know I've seen one before, and it's something decently well known...I..just..can't...remember.

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Actually its not well known at all he got together with a luthier in his local town and had it custom made for him! So its the only one! As far as the name of the luthier i will have to tell you later!

5. The bass looks and sounds good except for where the body connects back to the neck

6. BenF

BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
  7. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Just go to a store and thumb throught the new bass player and you will find the name! Its a small co.

8. Dox

Dox

Aug 17, 2000
    Millville, New Jersey
    Tye Zamora play Dave Parr custom 6-string and Kenneth Lawrence custom basses. I assumed that in teh video it was his Dave Parr but I guess it is a Kenneth Lawrence now cause I never seen one. But yeah those are the basses he plays. He also uses SWR and DR strings I believe. He plays upright, keyboards, and guitar. A very good musician and a good musical background. Love the cat. Well I hope that helps.

9. AlexK

AlexK

Apr 10, 2001
    I just saw them earlier today on the warped tour. I left after watching them for two songs. To me,they sound like every other band out today. I also didn't hear anything special coming from him(but I didn't stay for the whole set, so...). Cool lookin' bass though.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago.

It is a Kenneth Lawrence Brase 6.

Here is a pic of the 5 string version from the Bass Player Ultimate 5 string shootout.

[​IMG]

11. Sound like every other band? I disagree...
    Anywho, it's a Dave Parr, Tye designed the bass himself and wired the electronics, according to the BP. I really like what I've heard so far, I wanna hear the entire album.

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    For clarification:

In the "Movies" video, it was his Dave Parr custom 6.

In the "Smooth Criminal" video, it's his Kenneth Lawrence Brase 6. He might also own a 5, according to BP, unlesss it was a typo.

I'm 100% sure on both counts.

He used other basses to record, like a Stingray on "Flesh and Bone".

Definitely one of my fav players as of recent. Killer woody tone. I gots to get me a Ken Lawrence with some LPs!

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I would have to agree i dont think he is that great of a bass player! I was just trying to help because i saw the add in the new bassplayer mag!