SOLD ALIEN AUDIO CONSTELLATION 5..brand new condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Jun 12, 2021.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I am probably going to regret selling this one! A few months ago, I bought a BRAND NEW Alien Audio Constellation 5 because I love my other Alien Audio Constellation 5 and thought I should have a spare. The new one is black with a tortoise shell pickguard. It is a P/J with the famous Mo West preamp. It totally changes the sound of the P pickup to almost a J pickup via a push/pull knob. (How does he do it????) 3 band eq with passive tone roll off, balance and the volume control is also a push/pull that gives overdrive when pulled. 34” scale Weighs 9 pounds and balances perfectly. They are hand made in Nashville and Pleked for optimum playability. It is still in BRAND NEW condition with no marks, scratches, buckle rash or anything to distinguish it from brand new. In one of my photos, you will see my other natural wood Alien Constellation (has NO coating on the wood..probably just oil finished). I am intending to sell the BLACK one, but would be open to the possibility of selling the natural wood one instead. I need to free up some money to help finance a new custom build order that I just placed so not interested in a trade. I just want to keep 1 of them.

SAVE about $1000! New, the cost on this was $2650 plus the shipping cost and taxes. I am selling the “Brand New condition” Alien Audio Constellation 5 for $1750 shipped to you CONUS. Includes the padded gig bag that it came with.
    Features/Specs — AlienAudioAlienAudio
    C9DBDA39-BC2D-4A7E-A649-B57687BB288E.jpeg close up.jpg back.jpg couch angle.jpg standing on chair 02.jpg 01919EA0-F807-4575-9747-2376DA2AAC5E.jpeg.jpg twins.jpg

2. casperbass

casperbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Memphis Area
    Endorsing Artist: Fishbone Basses
    What's your fav config? Dbl P or P/J?

3. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    For my style of playing (I back up variety shows at a dinner theater and a steady church gig), I do not find very much difference. If you play with the bridge pickup solo'ed, of course you would hear the difference with the midrange grunt and presence. I play mostly with 75-80% neck pickup and only blend 20-25% of the bridge pickup. With that ratio you do not get much difference. The J pickup at the bridge will give you more of the Jaco sound. With the 3 band eq, plus passive tone roll off and Mo West's magic push/pull switch on the active treble control, you change the entire character of the bass. At my church gig with the full range switch pulled (instead of the pushed position for vintage character), the sound guy came up to me to see what kind of Jazz bass I had. Fooled him! BTW, he LOVED the sound in the mix!

casperbass likes this.
  4. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    ON HOLD ,pending payment.....

5. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    answered PM

6. Hort Elvison

Hort Elvison

Nov 19, 2012
    Kentucky
    I have two of these, one made for Willie Weeks. They are unreal and this is a ridiculously good price so someone is gonna be VERY happy!

7. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I hope he will be thrilled with it! If not, he made post it again.....:bassist:

daveonbass likes this.
  8. daveonbass

daveonbass Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    got it today so we’ll see… :blackeye:

9. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I owned 2 of them and decided to sell one of them. I will definitely keep the other one. I really love playing it and it sounds "killer" in my opinion!

daveonbass likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021