SOLD Alien Audio Constellation 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Guitarodeo, May 12, 2020.

1. Guitarodeo

Guitarodeo Who's got da funk? Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Rocky Mountains
    Price:
    Strings:
    Alien Audio Constellation 5 P/reverse P Nordstrand pickups with excellent active Mo West preamp, Hipshot ultralight tuners, new updated pickguard, and 2TEK bridge in good condition. Nice Indian rosewood neck with comfortable 14" radius and 1.75" nut width. 22 frets. 35" scale conveys a solid low B. Smoke-free home and venues. The headstock decal is partially worn. There are some dings on the underside lower right bout near the end pin, not viewable when played. There are also a couple harder to see dings and light scratching on the back that can be seen when tilted in the sunlight. The action is excellent, and the truss rod works as it should. Currently strung with TI flats. The weight is 9.25 lbs on a postal scale. This configuration would cost about $2850 if purchased new. I'm looking for a different sound for the projects I currently have brewing. Regarding trades, I would be interested in a 5 string Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East or BB2025X or Mike Lull PJ 5s, preferably under 9 lbs; or a Revsound 8 ohm 12" or 15" cabinet with duratex finish. Thanks for checking this out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Sm_ill, superiorpine and KeithPas like this.
  2. superiorpine

superiorpine Superiorpine Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    What is the neck profile like? Body wood? (As I understand it, Chopper makes most of his bases to order, so there is no standard.)

Thanks.

3. Guitarodeo

Dec 20, 2007
    Rocky Mountains
    The neck radius is a very comfortable 14", and the nut is 1.75”. I’m not the original owner, but standard builds include swamp ash or alder. I’ll be happy to add some close pictures of the grain if that helps.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Looks like Alder...

Guitarodeo likes this.
  5. Guitarodeo

Dec 20, 2007
    Rocky Mountains