SOLD Alien Audio Lunar Bass 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zamega, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    Looking to trade this bass for another alien audio bass 5 string with 19mm string spacing or Lakland 5 string bass. Any other trades I’m looking for are 5 string basses with 19mm string spacing.

This bass has 18mm string spacing.

Fantastic playing and sounding Alien Audio Lunar bass loaded with Nordstrand pickups and Mo West pre with a 2 Tek bridge. Low action and no fretwear. The front and back are in excellent condition but it has 2 dings on the top edge and one by the jack but nothing structural. It weighs right at 10 lbs. Truss rod works.

Any questions please DM me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  2. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Hi
    Are you sure the spacing at the bridge is 18 Mm?
    2Tek only does two spacings on their 5 string bridges : 16.5 and 19 mm I believe .
    I would measure it again if I were you
    Lalo

Zamega likes this.
  3. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    No it is 18mm, I called alien audio the other day and chopper said that it’s a special string spacing designed for alien audio and it’s at 18mm. The plate is even different from the original 2Tek bridge.

lalo_garcia-maynez likes this.
  4. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Where are you in California?

5. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    Los Angeles my friend!

6. Tom Baker

Tom Baker

Feb 3, 2016
    Austin, TX
    That is a cool looking bass.

Zamega likes this.
  7. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    Thank you my friend!

8. Mark Karwan

Mark Karwan Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2019
    This appears to be an amazing deal. I wish I could get in a room with it and my Lakland 5594 (US, 19mm) at the same time. If I recall, I used to enjoy the 18mm spacing on my peavey cirrus and thought the lakland was a bit clunky when I first got it. But it's the only fretted 5 I've played for over a decade now.

Zamega likes this.
  9. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Definitely an amazing deal on an amazing bass! I've had two Alien Audio basses and they punch WAY above their weight class. The Mo' West preamp in these may be the most musical and versatile I've ever encountered. Whoever buy this (and I'm surprised its still here) will not be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Zamega likes this.
  10. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    I feel you and understand you man. I wish there was a way to test drive all the basses on these forums but it’s all usually all word of mouth. That’s why talkbass is great because it’s a great community of bass players who we can all trust since we all come here for one thing and that’s bass! Haha

11. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    My friend Thank you for the kind compliment! And I agree the Mo’ West preamp has the most punchiest preamp I have ever heard. I just can’t get used to the 18mm spacing on the bridge and prefer 19mm on the bridge spacing on 5 string basses.

12. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I completely understand that, although I'm just the opposite. I can play and appreciate a bass with 19mm spacing, but I can't get truly comfortable with anything wider than 18mm. Some people will insist that such a small variance shouldn't matter, but I can distinctly feel a 0.5mm difference in spacing, and I like what I like!

Zamega likes this.
  13. Zamega

Zamega

Oct 2, 2011
    Definitely agree haha. It’s weird but everyone’s hands and touch are different so a preference is always good to have! I called chopper one time to ask if it was possible to make the bass with 19mm string spacing with the current bridge it had and he said it can’t be done because 2Tek makes Bridges specially designed for alien audio. I was like damn, If only it was a hard tail bridge like a hipshot this could have been easily fixed and I could enjoy the bass more!

Cutter8 likes this.