Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alien Mother Filter ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by groovetool, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Whats this?

Alien Mother Filter on E-bay

The auction says it's from the UK, I ain't never heard of this, anyone know anything about them, website etc?

Tony

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I feel a little dubious about this. Seems like that Harmony Central review is a fake. No information other than a glowing review. Price? Where they got it? Seems like if this was as good as people (person) are saying, I would have heard about it. "Clone Masters"? Makes me think that somebody just copied an existing circuit.

I've got a Lovetone Meatball, and let me tell you, nothing comes close to it. If somebody is claiming that this is better, I want to hear it. But since I can't find any information, I will maintain my suspicion.

Kind of reminds me of a certain unsubstantiated "multi-planar headstock" arguement that went of for a good while in basses.:meh:

4. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    I thought the mother filter was a new prototype from the guy that made the meatball.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, almost two years ago. :D