Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alien vs. Predator

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Just watched the movie and i have to say, i enjoyed this it even though the story line sounded a little weak "the predator created the alien out of the human, and the haunted them" ?
    Anyways, the movie is (what i've seen) only showed at one biograph at one time a day with about 10people watching in stockholm (capital of sweden) is the movie really this unpopular?
    :bag:

2. It was okay here. But I don't remember anything about Predator CREATING the Alien. But it's been a while since I saw it, I only saw it once, and I think I had been drinking beforehand.

Rock on
    Eric

3. I haven't seen the movie. But any idiot knows that Predator would Pwn Alien, any day of the week.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    True dat...if Sigourney Weaver could pwn alien then predator should have no problems.

brad cook

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    By and large, maybe. Depends on the Predator, and how many aliens said Predator was up against. There's a couple decades of AvP cannon (thank you Darkhorse) which has repeatedly stated, bluntly, that the reason the Predators hunt the Aliens for the challenge.

So, y'know, the amount of actual pwnage is in serious doubt, mate.

6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Not to sound geekish but:
    Alien vs. Predator started in the comic book form a long time ago as just Predator and indeed the Predator created the Alien as kind of a hunting pet. Then the aliens got smarter as they evolved and figured that they don't need to be someones bee-ach.

I'll dig up my comics if anyone wantd to know more. Is the movie out on DVD already?

7. It depends which bass they're playing at the time of battle. :bassist:

8. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Aliens vs. Predator (1989-1990)

Summary: When the race of Predators tires of hunting easy prey, they capture an Alien Queen and force her to produce just enough eggs to turn an abandoned planet into a controlled-population Alien game preserve. However, another Alien Queen accidentally winds up on the planet, and Predators there find themselves turned from hunter to hunted in the midst of a planet fully inhabited by Aliens.

Summary from the books.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Firk- there's no (to my knowledge) solid explanation, but if you give "Aliens: Outbreak" a shot, it claims, such as one-offs are want to do, that the aliens existing on their own planet, and were part of an equillibrium therein, and then were taken off world, by the Predators or otherwise. Having done that, they proved to be a bit more than most races could handle, being that they're teeth with limbs, and not much else. Seems like a perfectly logical explanation. Predator's honor systems don't really work like that, creating prey/challengers would be unethical to them.

But, insomuch as I know (which is far too much, really), they Predators did not "create" the Aliens. That summary is closer to the truth, where it's part of a hunting ritual/culture thing. They cultivated them, but didn't create them, only got them off their homeworld, and into the universe at large, which just can't seem to throw enough marines at them.

...christ, I'm such a geek.

10. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    just used the wrong wording. it's early, my true geek hasn't reached full potential. :smug:

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wait, two bass players, geeks? Naw, that can't be true.

12. You live in Bend. You haven't even BEGUN to touch your geekiness if you live in Bend. Damn Yuppie capitol of Oregon.

Rock on
    Eric

13. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I live here. I got a job offer I couldn't refuse.

I am the farthest thing from yuppie there is. Everyone hates me here because I don't laugh out loud at parties then go home and throw-up.