Alisha Keys "Fallin" vs. Faith No More "Edge of the world"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Mar 11, 2002.

1. anyone else think those two sound very similar? ("Edge of the world" is the last track on the Real Thing album) -the bassline's practically the same.

then again, Faith no more's "Evidence" is very similar to "Just an illusion" by Imagination- "Evidence" sounds like a tribute.
    the bassline on "Just an illusion" is interesting- I can't tell whether it's a synth, a fretless bass with an octaver or a combination of the two.
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Sorry, but what I hear is only a vague similarity between the Keye's song and the Faith No More song. By the way, I like both. Mike Patton is just the coolest singer in his style, miles ahead of Kid Rock and Fred Durst. And Miss Keyes has much promise for her style of music, plus she is drop dead gorgeous.

And "Evidence" is one of my favorite tracks off the "King For a Day" album. This thread makes me wanty to drag out the albums to listen to them again, but I can't seem to find "KFaD."