1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

alittle help from my old friends.(builders help please)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by warwickben, Mar 26, 2009.

1. hey guy and girls.
    ill make this short as i can .

i used to be on this site all the time just a few years ago. i got allmost 1/2 way done building my single cut seven string bass.then my life got turned up side down. i didnt get in to drugs or any thing like that, got kicked out of my house when i was 17 for reasons you would not believe. i will explain in a pm if you want to know.
    any ways i took my bass parts with me and carryed them around with me for a year on the streets.people thought i was nuts but i put my blood sweet and tears. well i got my life on track got my own place and worked on my bass in my own apartment just like Carl Thompson. then i hurt my hand and had trouble useing it for some time. any ways some more time went by and iam not having any more problems with it. but the problem is i have no wear to finish it.

i feel bad asking but i want this ive been luging this around for allmost 6 years.
    i wanted to know if any one would be willing to help me finish my bass ill pay shipping both ways and pay you to help me finish.

i need some one to plain the headstock to the right thickness, drill it for the tuners shape it, and put it on the neck. i have the finger board cut tapered and slottled for frets.so its ready to be glued to the neck allso. i can do the shapeing of the neck my self but i have no way of cutting the tapper of the neck to match the fret board. i have all the hardware. truss rods ect ect . so bassicaly i need some one to finsh the head stock for me put it on the neck with the fret board and taper it . i can do the rest with files ect in my little apartment.

please some one help me. this would mean the world to me.

2. vbasscustom

vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    well, if you really want it, ill help. im not really a professional, but i do have 4 and 1/2 builds under my belt. and what you need done sounds relativly simple. so, pm me if you want me too, im more than happy to help in anyway i can.