Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Alive and Well & still Funny as Hell

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Just in case anybody was wondering what ever became of our dearly departed Ed Fuqua, I got a package in the mail today. Upon opening it, I discovered that it was Ed's latest contribution to the "Johnson Chronicles" exchange program (For those not "in the know" the Johnson Chronicles is what you call the practice of sending people you've only met over the internet recordings of you playing in live or session situations with other people...recordings which are aural documentation of you stepping on your own Johnson).

When I first opened up the package I read the cover letter, which read: "DURRL, blablablablabla....", and at this point the CD was still wrapped in packing material. When I got it unwrapped, I noticed that it was very professional looking, with a picture of our man and his bass on the cover in color. Very nice. Then I read the caption on the top...BIG EGO HEAD PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS......ED FUQUA. After that, my eyes strayed down to the title of the CD, written in big, bold letters: YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE "ONE" IS.

I haven't had a laugh that good in weeks. I thought my spleen was gonna rupture.......

2. Good to hear CF. Truly missed. I am sure he probally pokes his head in when he has a second.

3. I've seen him lurking around here on occasion.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY

Are there lyrics to that? Has Fuqua pulled a Yankovic?

5. We got us a latin bass player!

6. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Now that just goes to show you. I heard that Ed ran off with a group of six-string, pick-weilding bass guitarists that all played music from tabulature.

I give up on the rumor mill!!!!