Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All About Great Tone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Boplicity, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Just received the latest Bass Player magazine. The cover story is all about tone. It is a "must read" if you are really interested in how to achieve that dream tone you are longing for. Besides the basic article itself there are interviews with several noted bass players with dramatically different tone and how they achieve it. Also some recording sound techs are interviewed. Check the article out. It is very informative.
    Jason Oldsted

2. mr2112

mr2112

Mar 31, 2000
    Yep, I was reading that the other day, didn't finish it yet, but I got some nice little 'bits' to tinker with...It is a must read, especially for you young bass players out there.:)

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great issue this month! What did you guys think of the Modulus Genesis VJ? she was a real beut in my eye's. The don't piss off the soundman piece was pretty accurate also.

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Which issue specifically? What the issue date? Whose picture graces the cover?

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    This month Sptembers issue it has 75 ways to get better tone on the cove. They reveiw the line6 bass pod. plus tips from all the greats. If you don't have it you should pick it up great issue!