1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All American Alien Boy

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Chuck Curtis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chuck Curtis

Chuck Curtis

Jan 15, 2006
    Does anyone have the tabs to Jaco's solo on Ian Hunter's "All American Alien Boy"? I've looked everywhere for it and can't find it. All I can find is Jaco's jazz stuff. If you haven't heard this, you need to...

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I got a great Ian Hunter collection called Once Bitten Twice Shy. Includes 2 disks - a Rockin' one and a ballads one. All American Alien Boy is on there, also All The Young Dudes w/Ian guesting with Def Leppard live. On the ballads disk is a great tune, All Of The Good Ones Are Taken. I think Jaco is only on the one song. Check it out. Ian Hunter is cool!

3. Chuck Curtis

Chuck Curtis

Jan 15, 2006
    Lazylion - I agree! I saw Mott the Hoople years ago and Hunter had the most dynamic stage presence that I have ever seen. If you like ballads, check out "Rose" on Mott the Hoople Live.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I transcribed that solo a few years ago. I doubt I still have it around. I don't think I even have the CD anymore.

From what I remember there was a lick from Teen Town in there, a cool thing descending in 6ths, and a descending pentatonic sextuplet thing.