All American Rejects Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GaRaGeBaNdKiNg, Oct 9, 2003.

1. GaRaGeBaNdKiNg

Oct 9, 2003
    ok i was at the nokia unwired tourt the other night at roseland with diffuser, hoobastank and all american rejects and i was wondering if anyone out there knows what kind of bass the lead singer tyler from rejects has...its like radical looking, comes out from the neck like a triangle but then has a swallow tail thing going on, no idea who makes cant find anything that even resembles it--someone help me out

2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Dosent he use a gibson flying V bass?
  3. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Yeah, that's definately a flying V. Welcome to the world of Gibson guitars and basses. It's a wonderful place indeed.
  4. Yes and here is a picture of him with it!

;) Treena
  5. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    ALL of them have Gibsons. Neat.
  6. lol! thats kinda funny; the guitarist has a T-bird style, and the bassist has aguitar shaped-bass! teehee...

hey! thats a G3 headstock!!!:)
  7. Dublin-Bass

Dublin-Bass Guest

Sep 24, 2003
    Dublin, Ireland
    I think it's a medium scale bass too. I like the way they're all using Gibsons.
    Theres a british band called The Darkness who are really big over here at the moment,and they all use Gibsons too. The singer and guitarist use Les Pauls and the bassist uses the good ol' Thunderbird, of course.
  8. I would have payed more attention to Hoobasstank bassist's basses.. He has a couple of sweet looking MTDs right there.
  9. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    theyve all got gibsons... sure is a shame they only have one song ;)
  10. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    He uses the gibson live but when they recorded the album I'm pretty sure he used a P bass with a change of pickups.
  11. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Now they got 2 :p

Its a short scale or medium scale, i forget which. Bassicaly, its as much of a guitar as it is a bass. I read somewhere that when hee joined the band, he didnt play bass, he played guitar, but they needed a bassist so he started playing. Bassically he just pretends its a guitar and wails away. Even if the vids hes playing 4 string chords on it :rolleyes:
  12. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    gibson SG
    gibson Firebird
    gibson Flying V

thats what they are using in the picture above :)
  13. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    that V bass is also in the best color gibson ever made: silverburst
  14. Here he is with his P bass.

;) Treena
  15. thats depressing and dissapointing.
  16. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002