Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All Bass Shop in Central PA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Melvin7822, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    To anyone around the central PA area I will be opening an all bass shop later this year.

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Cool.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Do TB'ers get discounts??? :p :rolleyes:

4. Looking forward to it!

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    schweet!

Make it worth the trip.
    Lord knows, there's nothing else to do out there. :smug:

6. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    Where would it approx. be? How far from Pittsburgh (even better, Greensburg)?

Depending on the distance...

It could be this: :hyper:

or this :mad:

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

8. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Middletown is right outside of Harrisburg, I think. So it would be about an hour, give or take.

9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    That's awesome!!!! I wish you the best of luck. What brands are you planning on carrying?

10. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I'm trying to land the location in Lancaster. They have plenty of nice buildings out there. The reason for my choice of location it to be closer to Philly, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.

I'll also be planning on an E-bay portion of the store and mail order of course.

As far as selection of brands here is what I have so far:
    Fender, Fodera, G&L, MTD, Music Man, Modulus, Alembic, Lakland, Zon, Sadowsky, Warwick, Ken Smith, Wal, Spector, Rickenbacker, F, Benavente, Ashdown, Aguilar, BBE, Tech 21, SWR, Ampeg, Stewart, QSC, Kern, Read, Avalon, Peavey (I know... I know...), EBS, Epifani, Bergantino, Gallien-Krueger, Demeter, Eden, Euphonic Audio, Acme (working out a deal with Andy to be the first Acme dealer), Glockenlang, Rane, dbx, Empirical Labs, Lexicon, Korg, Furman, Aphex, Dunlop, MXR, Electro-Harmonix, HAZ Labs, Lovetone, DOD (think the good stuff, not the bad stuff), Radial, Prescription Electronics, Boss (limited selection), ZVEX, Akai, Pro Co, Spectraflex, Planet Waves, Levy's.

The list is mostly tentative at this point. I'm sure you know it's hard for a starting dealer to get everything he wants to sell right off the bat. If there is something you think that is crucial that I didn't list in the brands list, let me know. For all you Accugroove fans, I don't think I'll be able to start of carrying their stuff right away. Basically I'm gearing this store for all of you on Talkbass. I actively read the forums and take everything everyone says into consideration against my own experiences. So I'd like to say this is our store, not my store.

11. Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I would wager it to be about 3.5 hours from Greensburg. If you could make the trip when the store opens, lunch is on me.

12. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    I dont want lunch, I want basses dammit! :D

13. dnburgess

dnburgess

Jul 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Proprietor: Bass People, Green Square Music
    Too late...Green Square Music is the first Acme dealer and The Bass Shop, who buys off me, is the second. They are great speakers, and put a lot of more expensive brands to shame.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats a nice list, best of luck in your new buissness. :)