All behold the Keytar!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fluke, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Fluke

Jul 20, 2002
  2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    that seems kind of weak for $999

ill take a roland SH-101 keytar-style any day over a toy like that
  3. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    My keyboard player:

4. he seriously needs to work on the tuning of the thing. It really seems to be kinda useless...
  5. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002

Yeah, what is the purpose of this thing? Why would you buy that over a guitar or keyboard?
  6. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Keytars rule!!!

7. it looks like it can only play chords though. how would i be able to play my yngwie licks with that?

i say, you might as well play guitar, it would be just as easy, or keyboard!

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  9. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, you learn more during a two hour lesson with one of those than you do with a regular guitar for over a year! This is an incredible product, not to mention the wide range of rich tones you can coax outta that sucker!

Where do I sign?
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I will say that it is an interesting idea, and will probably sell quite a few units, but not enough to keep it going. You ever notice how people always come back to the standard designs mostly?
  11. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    It seems like a similar approach as the Strum Stick took. I'd rather have the roland though. That's all
  12. I must say it's cool, but it's not very good looking from an aesthetic point of view. They could have come up with a better design than a big triangle. Still, it looks like a cool little thing for a keyboardist to play around on.
  13. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Well they do come with different body styles

looks like a weird Steinberger to me.
  14. HAHAHA, I was almost in a band with a guy that played an old keytar! :D

But the whole thing was a joke:
    Guitarist/singer thought he was playing drums. all he has is like a couple bongo drums or something :eyebrow:

Singer guy has controlling wife who he obeys, which means everyother sunday we could practice, the other sundays are family days and every one had very different schedules

One person played the keytar :p
    With the possible exception of me, he was the most knowledgable musicain in the would be band.

The singer/guitarist was no good :meh:

If I only lived further north I could be in a talented cover band. All older folks (I'm only 20, so it ain't hard) who sadly were surprised to see a bassist that played an A when they said A :rollno: But I just don't have the time, not that far away :crying:

I'm done now...Wait

:p Keytars, they are funny. Kinda cool in a way, but I think they are more funny. Though it would all depend on style of how it is used.