Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All Blacks complete Test Series win over Lions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Maurice Carr, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Mt Wellington, Auckland, NZ
    Authorised BFM and fEARful cab builder: New Zealand
    Tonight the All Blacks ( New Zealand's international rugby team ) won the second rugby test against the British/Irish team in Wellington, NZ

They won this test 48 to 18, and in the first test last weekend, they won 21 to 3.

So they've already won the test series ( 3 games )

The third test next weekend is in Auckland, and the AB's are going for a clean sweep - wonder if the Lions can manage to crawl out of their 'lair' and scrape up at least one win?

With the Netball win over OZ mid week, us 'kiwis' are feeling "cock 'o hoop" right now - it's not often we get to feel like this nowadays!

:hyper:

Mo

2. ... Meanwhile their players are getting away with nearly breaking Brian O'Driscoll's neck.

But yeah, the Lions aren't playing well enough. All Blacks are playing some quality rugby.

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Oh, I thought this was some kind of Roman colliseum thread.

4. Mankind

Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    England
    NZ played awesomely, best rugby i've ever seen from the kiwi's. Rightly won it - despite the Lions having countless first team players injured though.....

5. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Well, I watched the game at our neighbour's - he's just emmigrated from UK to here and a rugby nut.

First 10 mins into the game he had a beaming smile on his face. Even at half time it was hard to tell who was going to win. The old addage that the team to score first in second half wins - so true again this time.

I'm a kiwi - yet before the match - even up to 1/2 time - I reckoned the Lions would have a good chance of winning.

Real pity, I would have actually preferred the Lions to win so we coupld have a rip-snorter for the third test.

Cheers - Mo

6. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Obviously [I]"The Tackle"[/I] is still in debate over there.

The Lions' spin doctor and Sir Clive had made such a big fuss of this here - so much more than it's deserved - that they have ended up actually ridiculing themslves. Comments like "well, you don't go out on a footie field swinging your handbag" were coming back hard and fast to him.

The way those two rabbitted on about 'no apology from Tana Umaga' when they wouldn't let the guy get near him was pathetic.

It's a pity what happened to Brian O'Driscoll. Following Umaga's career quite closely, I'd have to say that Brian was not 'targeted' - that's not Umaga's style at all. The citing committe however should have handled it much better and in terms of the 'AB's getting away with it' there lies the problem.

Mo

7. Meh. I couldn't care less whether or not Umaga targeted O'Driscoll, the point is, it was illegal, O'Driscoll's tour is over, and who knows what damage could have been done to one of my country's top players. My frustration isn't directed at the AB team or its players, just at the system and how easily it's beaten. What can ya do, eh?

Still, good rugby was played, I enjoyed the match, even though we lost. I like seeing good rugby, no matter if it's my team or the opposite playing it.

8. Lyyyy-ions Lyyyyy-ions Lyyyy-ions :D

Yes the All Blacks kicked butt , but big ups to the barmy army because that night at our gig after the game the bar rocked full of lions supporters awesome crowd to play to

9. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    Yep, totally agree, the tackle was illegal and deserved proper penalty ( red or yellow card or whatever )

Same here - in fact I was hoping for Lions win last night - because it wouldhave made the third test a ripper. I had even told my neighbour brfore the game I thoughthe Lions might win - wasn't to be, but it was a fantastic game to watch.

I also like watching the Irish team in the 6 Nations - I think they're great.

Mo

10. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    You're from Wellington then? I used to live there in the 80's

Mo

11. Yep well just outta wellington in Porriua

12. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    What bar did you play in Jace?

That tackle....it was hard but only borderline illegal, in my opinion. All of the lions supportes in Courtenay Place last night were going ON and ON about it...let it go guys! These things happen. Tana is such a good sport that he wouldn't sink so low as to target someone to be removed - he's a fair and disciplined leader.

Plus, O'Driscoll doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean record!

13. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Actually the people going on about O'Driscoll the most were the Irish people behind us....but how can I get annoyed with people that have an accent that cool? It was awesome.

14. Maurice Carr

Maurice Carr

Aug 7, 2004
    If you ever het up to Jaffa-land, pm me and we'll meet up.

Mo