1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD All carbon Status Streamline 5 string, 2009, mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Plantbrain, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    I've decided to keep my Nobby and am seeing if there is interest in this instrument. I am going to change out a few strings before I commit to a sale.

Year: 2009
    Full carbon body
    5 string
    Mint condition
    Gold hardware

Statusstreamline5string.

Very comfy to play, excellent access to upper ranges.
    2200$ shipped. This kicks the Steinberger's off the stage.
    Not interested in trades etc, got too many basses, not enough time to play each.

2. Nice, what scale, weight and spacing has this one got?

3. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    *ugh* ...darn wrong Powerball numbers.....

;)

4. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Do you have any pics of your bass? curious about what it looks like with the gold hardware.

5. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    I'll get the details/pics up, give me a day or so.

Gold on this is not tacky like some of the gold hardware basses, some like that tacky though:smug:
    Gold bridge tuners/small discrete head/knobs are gold.

Spacing 17mm.
    Scale: 34"

I added new strings today, it can only accept double ball strings. So that's a trade off since you only have a few folks that make double Balls. I put GHS on this time.

Talking about a nice feel in your hands.......this bass is the most comfy thing "stick bass" wise. Upper register, a breeze if you like beyond the 12th fret. I still am wallowing about selling it, I might not go through with it.

Tom

6. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks, I wasn't too concerned about it looking tacky (hard to imagine anything from Status looking tacky), more just curious what it looked like with the gold hardware.

Regarding the strings, I'm almost positive you can use single-ball strings too..... from the Status Streamline page:

7. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Weight? 6lbs.
    This ain't no through neck shoulder killer.

Tom

8. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    I stand corrected, thanks.
    You can wrap the open end around the head stock.
    It's a bit more of a PITA to change them, the DB's are very easy and much faster, no tools needed or string trimming. DB's do not cost much different, but that's what'd I'd suggest folks use, if they wanna pull it apart and fit the strings in there........up to you, Status also suggest DB's.

Spacing is actually 18mm. I checked with the caliper then double checked the stat's page at Status and they both confirm.

Tom

9. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, just figured I'd mention the option in case anyone was scared off by thinking they absolutely had to use double-ball strings only.

You're right though, unless you just really can't find double-ball strings you like, the benefits of them on a Status or Steinberger are generally worth it. I've heard the Status double ball strings are supposed to be quite good (I've run into a few Steinberger owners who like them too).

-Zadillo

10. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Honestly,

Buy drcor's streamline, selling for 1850$, that's about 1/2 the cost of a new one(I almost did that from the UK). I'm still a bit on the fence.

Drcor says it's mint as well.
    Shooting myself in the foot a bit, but.........it's the right thing to do if anyone is serious about buying a streamline. I decided to keep the Warwick Nobby, and might do the same here. Damn nice.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.