1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ALL, Decendents ?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I have a question about the bassist from ALL, Karl Alvarez. What kind of basses does he play?
    I saw on the decendents website.. something with a black headstock.. couldn't make out the writing but the headstock sort of looked like some old yamahas ive seen.
    I like this dudes tone alot! a WHOLE LOT!
    hehe. especially problematic(problematic)
    and uncle critic(pummel)
    i know i will get flamed for this maybe.. but i think hes as good as matt freeman.(even though matt plays solos.. okay okay.. exclude the solos :D)

If you can help me out here ... it would be apreciated

2. Hey Nick,
    Good call on Karl, he's one of my favorite bass players and a huge influence!
    I saw ALL about a month ago at a club here in Atlanta and he was playing a pretty beat-up white Fender Precision. The last couple of times I saw them before that, he was playing a couple of different Jazz basses.. I remember one in Shoreline Gold and one in silver sparkle. He's also played Music Man StingRays -- you can see him with one in the CD insert for the Descendents album "Everything Sucks."

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Dave beat me to it. Ive seen a video, and the sleeve shows him playing a Stingray. Ive also seen pics of him playing a Fender.