Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All hail the Bartolini MMC!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 95JettaCity, Feb 24, 2004.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ok, so I FINALLY got my pickup put in. And well, a lot of people said to go with the parallel because that's what Stingray's are wired in from factory, but since I am a rebel (or so I like to think) I wired it in series mode. And let me tell you, a smile came upon my face when I first plugged it in that hasn't left my face in 3 days. I finally got that beautiful midrange tone I have been looking for, something that reminds me of the old p-bass's that had that crunchy tone to them. Now I know not everyone likes this sort of tone, so I give you this... For someone who is looking for that midrange tone that you hear when you play a bass in the store, and can never get at home, this is the easiest way to get it. And for those of you who like a warm tone with a crisp clear top end, this may not be the best for you. Let me know what you guys think about this pickup and I'd be more than happy to tell you why I LOVE IT!

Andy