Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All I need is...help;)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Lenko, May 9, 2004.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hi guys!
    Well, I've been playing electric bass for 4 years or so and I'm thinking a lot about starting with upright. I was playing cello for nine years (had to stop 2 years ago due to lack of time), so I think getting used to it wouldn't be such a problem.
    Since I don't have a car yet, portability is something that matters a lot. So I guess I'm going to buy electric upright insted of "real" one. Which one do you suggest? My rig is EBS HD350 and EBS 4x10". I was thinking about the Dean Pace (it doesn't cost much, so I wouldn't be at such a great loss if I wouldn't like the upright at all). Has anyone tried one? The only thing I noticed is that the fingerboard is kinda flat...is that a ussual thing on the uprights? What are some other basses in that price range?

Thanks

2. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Take a careful look through the "Newbie Links" at the top of each forum, particularly in the "BASSES" forum. You'll find a wealth of fact and commentary on most of the questions you've asked.

Good luck!

3. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Ugh...I'm sorry. I didn't notice the newbie topic. :ninja:
    Thanks anyway, Sam. :)