Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ALL Mars's going out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh_s08, Oct 29, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yesss.... I love a going out of business sale!

P@

:D

2. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    It's happening. Ah crap.

On the bright side, my Cort Curbow 5er fretless might be there waiting for me. I can't wait til this weekend. :)

:(

3. Well, the Cinci store had their "Liqidation Sale!" over the weekend. They dropped prices another 10% under their normal selling price. Whoopee. Blah. Actually I think they raised their normal price as it was marked on the sale tag. Didn't see anything I wanted, and the sales staff was so disinterested I left with nothing but the $1000 I walked in with.

But I just used that to buy a Warwick Thumb 6er on eBay. WHOOPEE!!!!!!!!

4. Cool, another Cinci area guy. I was going to try to hit Mars soon. Sounds like I didn't miss too much. Any idea how much longer before they close their doors for good?

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Great...just to get one final jab in on the old DigMe, those a-holes had to go and have their liquidation sale at the point in my life when I have never been more poor!!

brad cook

6. Hi Dan. I drove past it this afternoon and the parking lot looked pretty empty- they may be done. The only nice basses they had were a couple of Spector 5ers (not sure of the model) and they were still priced at $1649! O, wait.... i forgot, you got another 10% off. That only puts it at around $1500. Not my idea of a "sell it all to the walls" liquidation sale.

7. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    aren't they going to sell any of there stock online?