1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All-New Ampeg SCR-DI!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CharlieC, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Rumble Thunder

Rumble Thunder

Aug 5, 2016
    Kentucky
    I got this pedal about three/four months ago and I absolutely love it!! My sound guy loves it even more than me, lol. The tone is an Ampeg monster and the scrambler deals it out and rocks hard. It stays on all the time. The rest of the band digs it and the guitar player said my sound was sick good. The thunderbird sounds killer but the Rickenbacker is off the chain. I would definitely recommend this baby if you want to ROCK. :bassist:

Unemploid, JimmyM and abracadunphy like this.
  2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    yeah. i love mine too. i also just got the stand alone 'classic preamp' version (that doesn't have a DI or the scrambler circuit), but it is true bypass (the SCR-DI isn't), and that one's great too, and i think that the classic preamp a steal at $99.

JimmyM likes this.
  3. punky

punky

May 26, 2007
    TeXas
    The scrambler sounds great with this TH G&L and Orange setup as well as with a few Ampeg combinations I have. Absolutely love the crunchiness. :hyper:However with my Aguilar GS 212/112 or 412, it doesn't quite work for me no matter what head I use.
    So for those situations, I bring out the trusty Sans Amp and to my ears, sounds much better. :thumbsup: