Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ALL NEW EQUIPMENT!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by EEbass04, Jan 7, 2002.

1. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Alright this may be a lot but I would like some opinions of these even thought I may not heed them I would like to hear what you think.
    OK this summer I am planning on buying a complete setup! i.e. new bass, cabinet, head, rack and have some ideas for what to get and want some feedback on what you guys think. I'll list each thing in sections to make it easier to understand.

bass: Schecter Stiletto Elite 5, and a fretless Squier or Rogue(just for laughs), and to upgrade the pickups on my Epiphone(no one has responded to that post in pickups by the way!)

cabinets: Peavey 410TVX and maybe later an Ampeg BSE115

rack equipment: SWR350 head, Korg rack tuner, and a Furman power conditioner, and a wireless

effects: a Boss bass overdrive, Bassballs, and a Boss bass chorus or Synth (I already have an Ibanez DS7 distortion pedal and a Jim Dunlop 105Q)

I would appreciate your opinion on this equipment yet also I would like to know if the impendances would work out and if it would be underpowered. Thanks in advance!

2. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    P.S. Any pricing info on Peavey cabinets would be greatly appreciated!

3. i do not recommend you get the ODB-3...it's not very versatile...i would check out the fulltone bassdrive, Pro-Co Rat or the Big Muff Pi.

4. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    What do you think about the Ibanez Phat-Hed is that versatile?!

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    sounds pretty nice to me but i think your priorities are kinda out a wack. I mean your getting a real real nice amp head just pretty good bass. If i were you i'd get a little cheaper head and a nicer bass. Not that the schecter isn't nice, it is, but not comparable to that swr350. Everything looks totally cool otherwise. I'm real against pedals so i can't really comment on that but i do like your rack setup alot. Well good luck gettin all that money.

6. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    What about if I replace the stock pickups? and it would be pointless to sacrifice head sound and power to get a better bass and play it through a crappy head. I'd rather have a great head and a decent bass

7. I think i shall move this to Misc. Its not really about the setting up of your bass. more or less your entire rig.

:D:D

Merls

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And there is a man who does have his priorities in order. The Schecter is a decent enough bass. Most people spend so much on their bass that they have to skimp on the amp and wind up settling for something that is less powerful than they need.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks a lot, Merlin!:rolleyes: :D

This is actually kind of 3 or 4 threads in one.

EEbass, you might be better served by opening a thread on the amp, and after you get that settled, open one on the bass, and then the effects, each in their appropriate Forums, of course.;) Just an [​IMG]idea[​IMG].

10. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Yea ur right sorry about posting in the wrong forum:rolleyes: but anyway yea ur right it be like buying an Alembic with a Rogue amp it just doesn't make sense so I kind of compromised the 2 but a little less on the amp. I think the mods should start a completly new forum called "Rigs" so we wouldn't have the confusion. Anyway while I have your attention do you think you could describe to me what an envelope filter does? and go on about the rig more I like the feedback!

11. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Oh I noticed something the other day, and thought that maybe I should look into them. I had always thought they were out of my price range until I got the pricing info on them. Now I would like one but realized I would have to get a power amp w/out eq and leave it at that for a while. The cabinet I am looking at are the Acme Low 4x10 and the Low 4x10W. I was just wondering what your opinions were on these cabinets.

12. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Yet another enlightenment has come to me and its another big one! Drop the SWR350 wayyy underpowered for the Acme. How about the new Carvin 1000watt Power amp!(look at the attachment) Now the issue is wether(sp?) to buy an EQ or a 31 band equalizer. Me and bassman were arguing about this and I don't know which way to go. Some advice would be appreciated.

13. I wonder what he needs the powerconditioner for.. is the mains in .USA really that bad ?

14. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Wow stupid question in my opinion. Notice all those pedals up there. Do you think I am going to put batteries in all of those. If so, I laugh in your face many times. The power condition allows me to plug like 8 things into it. I.E. power strip, wireless, tuner, power amp, pre-amp or eq. Allowing me to only take up one space of a normal socket. Saving lots of space and giving me those cool little lites to shine on my power amp and tuner and junk. Even though the tuner already lights up. Look at the attachment. Obviously this means that I have to get a larger rack case though seeing as how th pedals powering adaptors are large, but most of those will be plugged into a power strip:D

15. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Sorry about being so rude. Male PMS. Drives me nuts! lol

16. So do you want that Mesa Boogie setup in your sig or what? Oh yea, you shouldn't post when you're PMS'ing, because that post to Allodo was pretty rude. Anyways, I wanna know what you do for a living because you must be <b>rich</b> getting all that stuff!

17. You call that rude ? weheheh :D

you obviously haven't met me outside this forum :D
    i'm Mr. Bad language & sharp opinion himself :D

18. Anyway.. personally i think one of those powerconditioner thingies only has use if you have a big rack full of really expensive units..

for pedals etc i use a standard extension block :)

19. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    No, see if I was rich the Mesa gear would be the gear I would buy. But since I'm not rich I'll try to get buy. Heres some price listings I found!

Acme B-4 cabinet ~$700

Ibanez BTB(debatable pick)~$600

Carvin 1000 watt power amp ~$370(talk about a steal)

Furman Power Conditioner~$100

Sansamp Bass Preamp ~$180

Total= $1950 (not that bad I'd say)

All the other stuff I would buy later.

20. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    As you may noticed. The bass I want has changed 3 times in this thread from a Schecter, to a Spector, and now to an Ibanez. This is really a toughie. But these are the basses I have narrowed it down to and would like your opinion

1. Schecter Stilleto Elite 5

2. Spector NS2000 Q5 (bolt on)

3. Ibanez BTB 405

4. Jackson C5

5. Cort C5

6. Fender Standard Jazz V

7. MTD Kingston 5

thats what I have narrowed it down to.