1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All new GK neo speakers on the way!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonogz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. nonogz

nonogz

May 9, 2009
    6 months ago, my neo410's speakers started going--which I expected. I ran them hard 4x a week for 5 years. For some reason, I wanted to try something new, so I built a fearful. Before the fearful, I had never played a 15 cab that i liked. It was cool, but I decided to sell the fearful last week--just not the tone I was looking for.

Anyway, I get 4 new speakers on Friday and I am STOKKKKKEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

BTW, I'm using the 700rbii and the nastiest pbass ever (with flats)!

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Nice. What makes the P bass so nasty though ? Im running P basses through a Neo 212 and an 800rb right now.

3. nonogz

nonogz

May 9, 2009
    I just love that bass :)

Everyone that plays it likes it a lot, though they think the action is too high. Nahhhh. It's a man's bass! Lol....it's like medium high action, but the strings are heavy gauge flats that are pretty tense.

I pick up a lot of different basses on the regular, and my bass just feels so much better.

4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I like my action slammed low with just a hit of fret buzz. Mine are both P/Js, one with EMGs the other is a Jazz Special from the 80s with the original pickups.