1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

All of OT combined is not this tough....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You are all girly men. All of you. :D

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's insane. But I do have a titanium plate in my leg, so that's kinda manly.

3. Yes, yes I am...:bag: :D

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Wow. :eek:

5. I would have been crying even at the thought of riding a toboggan :eek:

6. Dang, that does Ronnie Lott one better.

At the end of the 1985 season in a game against the Cowboys, Ronnie Lott mangled his left pinky in a brutal collision with running back Timmy Newsome. Lott came out of the game briefly -- a game his team won to gain a wild-card berth in the NFC playoffs.

The next week, Lott had his fingers taped so he could play -- in a loss to the Giants. Lott eventually chose to have the tip of his finger amputated and then went on to his third Pro Bowl season with the 49ers in yet another playoff appearance.

Myownself, I have a 6" steel plate in my left shin from a motorcycle wreck in 1966 - just about lost the bottom half of the leg. Not a fun exercise. Can't say I recommend it to anyone.

7. You would have taken the marker down and been fine :)

8. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    That's manly, but not as much as the guy who got trapped under a boulder and voluntarily cut off his own limb with a dull pocketknife.

9. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    OMG ! I saw a show about that guy. He calmly talked about how he cut his arm off and saved himself. That is absolutely amazing. :rollno:

10. Aron Ralston. Former employee at the Intel site I worked at...

11. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Pales in comparison to the fisherman who was out on his boat alone, got his leg caught in the nets as he was winching them in and ended up having to cut his own leg off.

What made this guy particularly tough was that he went on to collect the rest of his nets, piloted his boat back to the harbour, phoned his wife to say he'd be late home for dinner, then drove himself to the hospital.

Now that's tough.

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Holy hell.

13. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
  14. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I've seen a guy who ate his own head.

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    How he had to saw through the final tendons to break free. I saw that. Crazy. The thought of it makes my butt pucker shut.

16. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    HAHAHA. siged!

17. Pfft- I did that the other day, but I didn't notice until reading this. I'll put a Barbie bandaid on it when I'm done posting.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats the British for you, tough as anything.

19. My butt is already as tight as a frogs butt, and that's water tight :)

20. A while back, I ran into a few of the crackheads from my last job. One of them was missing his arm, just above the elbow. He had gotten into a fight with a good friend of his, both drunk and probably on crack. His friend twisted his arm around behind his back and then twisted it around a second time :eek: Doing so, broke all the veins, arteries, tendons, etc. He said that when he tried to "unwind" his arm, he passed out from the pain. They ended up having to amputate his arm!!! I couldn't believe you could actually DO that to someones arm :rolleyes: Crazy Lakeland FL crackheads...............:rolleyes: