1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD All original 1976 fender mustang bass-OHSC-$1050

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a great one, all original. The rosewood board is beautiful and the frets are perfect. I am not sure if they have barely been played on, recieved a dressing or if there just replaced but there nice and shiny with no indents. The neck is comfortable and plays great. The truss rod nut has never been buggered up and is in great shape. The tuners are original and showing patina. There is light wear in the headstock this is dings and finish loss, nothing extreme.The headstock has yellowed with light finish checking.

The body is original natural finish. Pots date to early 1976. The guard is weird to me as it carries the original stick and serial number on the bottom of it which matches the serial number on the headstock so its the original gaurd , yet the fingerest is below the G string not above the E string. There are nor extra screw holes or routes under the guard. This is how it came, most mustangs in fact all 1976 mustangs I have seen have the fingerest above the E string.

Anyways the body has some finish check and loss on the back tummy countour and the fore-arm contour. It looks good and well played. The hardware has light patina and age to it.

The case is the original case and its worn but functional and rather rare, I wouldnt use it for gigging just at home display as its falling apart at the ends.

[[DEL]B]$1050 Shipped CONUS[/B][/DEL]

SOLD
    T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebl6BRZ-5tww60_58_zps26431652.

T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebl6BRZBKJQ60_58_zpscc30cff6.

T2eC16VHJGE9nm3p4EmBRZcbO0w60_58_zpsc39124b0.

T2eC16VHJF0E9nmFRoprBRZyJnHo60_58_zps9ddd4376.

T2eC16NHJHgE9n0yEiwMBRZ72dQg60_58_zpse34821bb.

T2eC16JHJF0E9nmFQhdDBRZZ5JSQ60_58_zps15cc348b.

KGrHqVHJEYFDy3CZEdyBRZyBIjQ60_58_zps86c2d239.

T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHEDBRZyEK9Q60_58_zps17655c39.

T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmFi6BRZyGiNLQ60_58_zpsce798c0f.

T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPcoBRZyLJuRw60_58_zpsd8937231.

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Rad

3. It is , a nice 2 piece body with beautifully matched grain. I will link the auction later but one of these just went for over $1200 on ebay with shipping included. I rather it go to a tb member at this reduced price then selling it there and be cut down on fee's. If your looking for something vintage and unique thats still a player this is it, nice smooth unworn frets.

4. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    How does it sound?

5. Basically it sounds like a thumpier then the average P bass to me.

6. lowendlucas

lowendlucas

Mar 12, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Pretty cool. Love the string-through deal. I have a Musicmaster from the same year and it's incredible. I keep thinking I need to get a 'man's bass', but damn, why? I get unbeatable tones and that shortscale neck makes it about as fun as driving to work on a mini bike.

(Bump)

7. Yeah I love having a short scale around, honestly there are some songs that I wrote that would be physically impossible for me to reach and keep timing with a full scale so keeping one around has become a necissity for me.

8. lynott-forever

lynott-forever

Oct 29, 2009
    Canada
    What's the weight?

9. RamblinRose

RamblinRose

Nov 26, 2011
    What would you consider for trades?

10. I just got a bill for graudate school thats pretty pricey so I am sticking to cash only now.

11. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    Want

12. I want to keep it to, its the most complete original bass I have ever had. Its also prety clean for the age. If my custom shop P , jaguar and some bigger project parts sell I will hold onto it, but will see

13. SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.