Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All Our Bases Are Belong To Hugh Laurie.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Jan 16, 2006.

1. None of you lot care, but I do, so that warrants me to post about how excited I am that Hugh Laurie won the Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series (Drama).

::le sigh:: God he rocks.

2. I've been watching the season 1 DVD of "House" with one of my friends who is obsessed. He does a very good job!

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is that all I am to you? Just some 'lot'? :bawl:

brad cook

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:Luke Skywalker voice:

I care.

:/Skywalker:

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    [Lando Calrissian]

Hello, what have we here?

[/Lando]

:ninja:

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    [R2-D2]

::beeps::

[/R2-D2]

p.s. you seem to have been right. no one does, in fact, care.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    ...who?

8. Good. Keep your mits off my TV husband!

9. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Steph. There's a place you can go to get help for your problem. It's called Hugh Laurie's house. Find it, visit, and remember to post pictures.

10. I'm planning to marry one of the sons. I'll have the coolest father-in-law in the world. :smug:

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have a hard time not thinking of Hugh Laurie as the prince Regent in Blackadder III or half or Fry and Laurie.

The man has range. No doubt about it.

12. I totally agree.

I've just checked my selection status at the university I applied for, and I got an offer for my first preference - this year I'll be studying a Bachelor of Music at the University of Adelaide, with a Diploma of Languages alongside.

I thought I'd mention it here instead of opening a new thread, this being the winners thread and all. ;)

I love Hughsdays!

13. woo... im a winner... :meh:

yes, i cry myself to sleep

14. ¡Felicitaciones Estefanía! ¿Vas estudiar portugués también o solamente español?
    O português do Brasil é muito diferente do português do Portugal, mas gosto mais da literatura e música do Brasil.

15. I like House, but I'm troubled by:
    1. The name
    2. His American accent (I don't find it convincing..maybe that's just because I'm used to hearing how he usually talks)

16. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    It all just clicked.

The man is a genius and deserves more than just a Golden Globe... but who am I but a measly bassist/high schooler...

17. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'll see your BLACKADDER and raise you a JEEVES and WOOSTER...

18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    cool House is a great show.

19. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Black Adder, That was some funny $*@t!

20. Problamente solamente español, para ahora. Puedo estudiar solamente uno idioma, así que quiero enfocar en eso idioma.

Sneaky Portuguese people. :p

1. The name has something to do with Sherlock Holmes and the similarities between them.
    2. Probably. I myself reckon he does an awesome job (and I say that unbiasedly, contrary to popular belief :smug: ) - I've tried doing accents in high school drama, and it's difficult. And this is the role I recognise him in (generation gap and everything).

He was nominated for an Emmy award last year, but the maroons that govern that awards show mucked it up and flung it over to James Spader. :spit:

Goodnight, Vienna! The city of a million... something a-rathers...

:D