All parts jazz bass neck opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Marktime, May 8, 2019.

1. Marktime

Marktime Supporting Member

May 3, 2010
    I am looking at an All parts jazz bass necks for a build. I have seen many say they are chunky compared to stock fender. I know they offer a chunky p jazz bass neck version but also have seen the stock J bass neck showing neck dimensions close to say Warmoth
    at .88" at 1st and 1.01 at the 12th fret. This is listed as the fender licensed neck. Just curious if anyone here has this model of their neck and your opinion as to how it compared to stock fender Jazz bass neck.

Thanks in advance.

2. WannaJazz

WannaJazz Supporting Member

May 7, 2010
    Although I can't answer your questions, I would strongly suggest that you check the neck pocket dimensions!

The reason I say this, is because a friend of mine had an Allparts Jazz neck on his MIA Fender Jazz.

The neck was too small for the neck pocket. And would have required a shim on either side of the neck, to align it properly.

As it turned out, there were other issues with the neck, due to a DIY repair.

Fender sells Made In Mexico necks for Jazz basses.

He bought one of those, and it's a perfect fit!

It arrived in February, the driest time of year around here, and it had no fret sprout!

That bass took a setup very nicely!!

That was over two years ago, and he is happily playing this bass since!

The neck was in the $250.00 range, if I recall correctly.

He found that neck on Ebay.

Yes, the Made In Mexico neck, is a brand new neck.

3. I had an AllParts jazz neck that was as thin or thinner than a Fender, also thinner than my Warmoth standard. I think the head was thinner also, which I didn't like.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021