Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

all-purpose cab covers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yossarian, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    SO I got my Peavey Max 700 and 410TVX *is in love* and the day i picked it up from the store it was raining like a madman outside. I stuck a garbage bag on it, but that really sucked and I hope never to have to do it again. I asked Peavey about covers, and they said they dont make any for the 410TVX or that would fit it... so does anybody know where I could get one that would fit it?

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I got mine from LeCover they make good quality, relatively inexpensive covers.

3. Step 1: find a cheap used sewing machine, old Singers are plentiful and cheap, less than $50

Step 2: buy Naugahyde-type material or denim at fabric store

Step 3: sew your own cover

Step 4: sew covers for every other amp and cabinet you own...

See this article for detailed isntructions....

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/make_covers1.html

4. Thanks nashvillebill, we are still using the boxes our stuff came in as protective covers. It's been working pretty good but cardboard is not to durable and it's time for some real covers.

When you have poor ways you need to develope a few skills in ingenuity.

5. Yep, I can't see paying $50 or more for a cover when I can sew one myself for less than $5 in materials.

6. I highly recommend LeCover! They made some custom covers for me in less than a week. They only cost $40! Plus they are completely waterproof! Not sure you'll get that quality if you make them yourself.