1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

All Rosewood Neck Fender American Professionals!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Admiral Akbar, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar

Mar 12, 2013
    New York
    Looks like Fender made a special run of Strats, Teles, Precision, and Jazz for GC... I don’t really care about the guitars, but the Pbass and Jbass were Surf Green and Shell Pink, both sporting beautiful all-rosewood necks. I played both, both sounded awesome. I loved the necks, because unlike the Fender Custom Shop pbass with all rosewood neck from a couple of years ago, this rosewood neck was satin finished and not all gooped up in lacquer, making for a nice fast playing neck. These picture do no justice. Both are striking in person. Although - for the $1750, I would’ve preferred nitro finish on the body to complement the rosewood necks with clay dots...

Attached Files:

2. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like the Jordan Almond colors. Not paying almost two grand with tax for a Fender, though.

Admiral Akbar likes this.
  3. Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar

Mar 12, 2013
    New York
    They knocked the necks out of the park (although the jazz bass had a lot of fret sprout - but an easy fix).

But the necks don’t seem to match up to the glossy polyurethane. The colors aren’t so bad, I think they would’ve been better nitro.

All walnut would’ve been dope - but I think Fender has a price point, and a weight goal in mind. :/

4. Evanforbass

Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    Just discovered this at GC today- surf green pbass, I think on sale for $1250

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Kinda cool. Is there a 5’er?

6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Nope...

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I went lookin’, probably have to go Fender’$ Cu$tom $$$$hop.