1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

All that jazz

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buldog5151bass, Jun 2, 2014.

1. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Just spent two hours reading through Real Book tunes with some absolute killer musicians - been doing this weekly for a few months. These guys are fantastic, sax player was a performance major at Julliard. I haven't played serious jazz in over 25 years. But it feels SO good.

fraublugher likes this.
  2. Been doing the same thing for a few months now with some guys using the irealb app. Quite a difference in chord progressions from one version to the next in the books (use those too). Really interesting how you can have so many variations of chords to the same melody and they all fit so beautifully.

3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Jazz is my passion. Someday I'm going to dedicate myself to it.

4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Jazz is some crazy s**t. Beautiful, but crazy. Never in my life will I ever hope to truly understand any jazz.

5. It's good fun playing jazz. Those days sitting in on Bari sax and learning new ways to improvise sure were rewarding.

wild4oldcars likes this.