Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All That Remains (very,very good metal)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    They're a band from Western Mass. who just released their debut album, called "behind silence and solitude". I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone into heavy music. Death metal, a bit of a hardcore aesthetic, superb drummer, and you can even hear the bass! Two thumbs up from me and Zombie Siskel.

All That Remains <----Click for the website.

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    awesome pick, man, thanks. i'm digging this whole metal-and-various-other-styles trend currently going on. i hope you've heard Candiria, or you're seriously missing out on something special :D

3. I've been more into punk and ska recently, but nothing gets me moving like Slayer's "Altar of Sacrifice." I need to check out some new metal; maybe this will be the ticket.

Also check out the german band Kreator. They come very highly recommended by a friend of mine.

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool.

ToNeS -I love Candiria, very cool stuff though I wish they would play live like they play on the albums.

Chris-I'll check them out, haven't heard them yet.

5. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    they're no good live? :( i'll never find out, because i don't think they'll be coming to australia anytime soon.

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, they're good, but they don't do the whole thing live. They stick mainly to the metal part without including the other parts as much. They're still good, but I was a little bit disappointed.