1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All the Bass Player Magazines through 2006

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Giraffe, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Giraffe

Giraffe Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, California
    I have a complete set of Bass Player Magazines in excellent condition, from the Premier Issue dated Spring 1990 through June 2007. There are a few “Special Issues” scattered in there. There are also a few duplicates, because I was pretty anal about having them all during this period. There are about 180 issues total.

I also have most of August 1997 through May 2008, and a dozen or so more recent issues.

The only possible gap I can see is there is no issue for “Winter 1990”. This may not be a gap, as this would be only the fourth issue, and the Buyer’s Guide issued by Guitar Player and Bass Player Magazines may have substituted for the regular dated issue, or they may not have published that issue.

I also have all or most of the Buyer’s Guides, beginning with the November/December 1991 issue, and including the Bass Player mastheads from1997 through about 2004. I have the Guitar Player Buyer’s Guides that run from 1994 through 2006 or, and the Guitar World Buyer’s Guides from about 1996 through about 2007. These are pretty useful references. There are about thirty or so of these.

I am not interested in selling individual issues. Folks seem to be asking $2 and up for more recent issues. I think I will just say $300 for the whole lot if you can pick them up in San Diego. If you want me to ship them, you will have to cover the shipping. This is a considerable pile, and they weigh a lot!

I’m always looking for interesting trades, for all kinds of different things, but the only musical gear I am seriously lusting after right now is a high-end (MTD, Ken Lawrence, etc.) fretless. I have a ton of other good stuff to trade as well (MTD, F Bass, etc.) to balance things out. I’m not interested in Fenders or Music Mans. At all!

Thank you, and be safe and happy!

2. Giraffe

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, California
    Bump, now open to the rest of the world!

3. pkazzo

pkazzo Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Palm Beach County, FL
    If you decide to part with single years, let me know. I am interested in buying 2004-2005-2006.

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    My inner hoarder just had a heart attack.

5. Giraffe

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, California
    Yeah, I think I am emerging from a problem! This is part of my long walk to the light!!!:hyper: