1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

All the variations on the V4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by megadan, Mar 12, 2008.

1. I've been GASing for an Ampeg V-4 lately.
    Today at the jam space I played what I thought was a V-4, which turned out to be a VT-22.

It sounded amazing through my 610HLF.

Anyway, so that I can do a comprehensive search, could someone list all the similar amps?
    I know of the V-4, V-4B, and now VT-22.

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    there was the v4/vt22 - the same amp just one was a head and the other a 2x12 combo, which were followed up by the v4b bass head.

the b25b amp had its counter part in the b25 and then later the v3 which was basically the same but a guitar head.

the v2 and vt40 were pretty much a lower power v4/vt22's (2 7027's instead of 4).

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    V4's say VT-22 V4 on the back panel for reasons coreyfyfe explained.
    If you were using a head as opposed to a combo, It was a V4.

4. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    And, I have a V4-AV that's an vintage looking V4BH made in 2005.

5. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
  6. rudedogg

rudedogg

Mar 23, 2007
    I dont know if there is any difference in sound between the three variants, V4 has reverb, V-4B does not. I just found a V-4B in excellent+ condition for $325. Channel #1 did not work, but a new pre-amp tube solved that, and it sounds phenomenal! You will not be dissappointed with the vintage ones...there out there and a great bargain.

7. Yeah, by the look of the case, it was a VT-22 combo converted to a head.

Thanks for the link nubs, that looks nice! I might try and get that, falls just within my tax return budget ;)