Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All tube poweramps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 5, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Are there any?
    I´ve just heared about the aguilar 400W but that´s way out of my league.
    I know Mesa/Boogie makes a 2x90W poweramp for guitar. Can it be used for bass?
    Any others???

Jocke

2. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    You can check out Demeter but it is going to be too expensive (same price as Aguilar). Check out London Power, they sell a very interesting Power amp (But you dont need a preamp too use it). I've heard that Kern Eng. was working on a power amp.

3. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    check out the mesa boogie busterbass 200. That is a damn fine amp, but doesn't have the power to push two 4x10 cabinets.

Digs

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for your replies but I was thinking of a poweramp. Not an alltube head with preamp. I´d like a 150-300W alltube poweramp that can be used with a separet tubepreamp.

/Jocke

5. Edgar

Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Did you check "London Power"?

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, I checked London Power.
    Ehhhhh.....is it a joke? Their bassamps cost $2580-$13830. If the Aguilar is out of my league I don´t know what you would call this.
    I was more looking for a poweramp that could pop up un the used market.
    But thanks, I enjoyed the reading at londonpower.com

7. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Eden markets a 300 watt tube amplifire that I've heard is produced in Europe.

Search for a post by Psychobassguy he did a review and his evaluation of some current products. If I recall he gave the Aguilar and Eden passing rating and a modified vintage SVT his top choice.

8. timv

timv Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    Mesa/boogie has made some all tube power amps in that wattage range in the past. They used to have a strategy 400 and 500 which show up on e-bay every so often. Ampeg used to make an all tube power amp that was the svt-300, I think. Those might be found used with some searching for not too bad of prices. Hope this helps.