1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

All types of Music

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by no66, Dec 9, 2011.

1. no66

no66

Oct 17, 2011
    As the tittle suggests I like all types of music a very broad range of taste,my question is will this affect my playing,learning etc ?

2. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    No, IMO it only makes it better and will help make you an all around player not locked into one style.

3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Being open minded is important in music.
    Being open minded will help you be the best musician you can be.

4. russtolium

russtolium

Jul 12, 2010
    Broad taste is great, you've already cleared one hurdle a lot of people have for their whole lives. Bear in mind though that to get 'good' at playing a specific genre in a traditional way, you will have to put some focus into that genre to explore it fully. Once you have a good handle on how to play in a few styles, you'll have the upper hand when it comes to mixing and matching styles and creating original, interesting new music (if that's your goal).

5. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    "Wedding Day At Troll-Hagen" anyone?

6. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    I listen to everything and it makes me very well a rounded musically keep your eyes open to the music of life as well