All you Claypool fans.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Mar 30, 2004.

Wich of Les' CT's do you want the most?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2004.
  1. Main four string walnut bass

22 vote(s)
  2. Rainbow bass

31 vote(s)
  3. Maple backup fourstring

1 vote(s)
  4. Cherry six string fretted

11 vote(s)
  5. Ebony 4 string 36"er

12 vote(s)
  6. Fretless Piccolo

2 vote(s)
  7. Pfff gimme a Wish

7 vote(s)
  1. Which of his Carl Thompsons do you want the most?

(I did do a search, and did not find a thread anything like this.)
  2. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Thanks for the cool pics Kaz!!! I voted for the Walnut 4. -Luke
  3. I should also note that the picture of the walnut is dated.
    It has a different headstock now, and a flamed maple peice on it signed by Geddy Lee for those that don't know.
  4. I have to say Rainbow. It's quite an amazing bass.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    they all look cool, but I've no GAS for any really.

But being a Primus fan from back in the pre-carolina records days (had a bud that jammed with one of Les' students in the late 80's that would mail me cassette boots and demos) I'd have to say the de-piccoloed, kahlered 4 ... definatelty the "Suck on this" Bass :bassist:
  6. Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
  7. i voted for the cherry sixer, that thing is sweet. but the rainbow was a close second.
  8. Didnt he also play a RIC for a while. Im sure i saw a pic of him with a RIC in an old magazine i have. If so..ill take that...cause i dont think he plays it no more anyway :D
  9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Man, that is tough... I voted for the Rainbow, but the piccolo and the cherry 6'er would be coming with me as well if I had my pick.
  10. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002

actually he played the ric a bit with Frog Brigade and I think Oysterhead.... and showed up at the Deepest End concert with it too... apparantly alex lifeson gave him the ric and a car show trophy while drunk.

Self, I like the Rainbow bass-- it's like a totem thing for les, amazing and weird at the same time. It's also the only reason I occasionally get 6-string GAS.
  11. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

yo Kaz,

I think that I just noticed (from your sig-line).... is this morse code for 'YYZ' (i.e. That Rush tune or call letters for Toronto Int'l Airport)?

just curious,
  12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The Rainbow bass is a thing of beauty, but I don't play fretless. I like his main 4 string, but I'm so used to 34" scale that I don't think I'd like the 32" scale length - and I have absolutely no need for a trem. If I could have any, I'd want the light colored fretted six - I think it's the one you called the cherry six string.
  13. Yup.

14. Why does that not surprise me? Alex Lifeson being drunk? Or Les being near Alex Lifeson when he was drunk?