Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All you old fogies help me pick a nice rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jun 29, 2004.

1. I was going to get a Hartke vx3500 and add another 410 or 115 to it. But seeing as everyone says they are horse manure and have problems right off the get go, let's pick something else out shall we? I want something very simular in size, wattage, price but with only the quality you would give your grandma in a lazy-boy.

2. Are you dead serious I could get a hartke 350w 410 combo amp on ebay for less than 250 dollars?! :confused: :eyebrow:

3. I dunno, I just want something that will...

A) give me around 300-400w total.

B) have at least a 410 with possibility to add another 410 or 115.

C) Nice good tone and eq and all that fanciness.

Right now I'm running two 118 cabs at 310w but it sounds half not good other than my playing ;) I got a good deal on that so I bought it but here I am a week later selling it to buy something nice and fancy.

4. I ran a yorkville 410 and really old gibson gss100 for about the past 6 months.

As for me wanting a 410 and 115 or two 410's? It's because I like stage volume as rarely around here do the gigs have a PA nor do most bands. So a single 410 will either drown out the front of the room or not reach the back, might as well cover some area.

I think I'll be most comfortable running two cabs together at 300-400 watts. I was really digging that hartke head. I might still just buy one off ebay in a rack mount. What would be a good 410 or 210 or anything of the sort to start off my stack?

5. Okay for heads I've decided to go Hartke. I don't know what my best bet is for them though between the 3500 the 5500 and the 7000.

I still don't know what I can run for speakers. Or even what my price margin is since those heads vary between like 300 bones. I think my best bet would be to buy a 210 now and a 610 later. Does anyone know what would be a good buy on a 210?