Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

All you Rickenbacker freaks, feast your eyes on this...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Rickenbacker is probably the last company left without a custom shop and given that fact, custom Rickies are extremely rare.

and then I find this one on Ebay.

This is a one-of-a-kind variation on the 4004 Laredo, it was made for a chairman at RCA and it differs from a normal 4004 by having a pickguard and old style elephant ears tuners, which in my opinion greatly improves the overall look of the instrument.

For those of you wanting to own the bass, here's the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3715029815&category=16222

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    I'm not a Ric freak yet, but that is damn nice Ric!!! :hyper:

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    It is nice but unfortunately someone wrote on it! ;)

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Oooooo,, that IS nice... Gimme Gimme Gimme,, I neeeeeed.

5. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    That bass has been on eBay before. I think that signature is from one of the Brooks & Dunn guys if I remember correctly.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Rickenbacker's probably the only bass company whose quality was never ever questioned. Then again, they have stayed consistent through decades.

Had Leo Fender held on, Fenders would probably have a similar reputation to this day...

7. i am a big fan of rics, but i........dont like it. i dunno, just looks crappy to me.

8. I saw that posted late last night. Its really purty. Looks alot like the now discontinued 4004C, with an added gold plate.

9. Dang right!

The reason why they dont do customs is apparantly they are always withing 6 to 12 months behind on standard orders. So they usually dont have time. There has been the rare case such as this though ;)

Now if the can just get their customer service up to par.. :meh: