Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allen/hex wrench, metric size for ESP bridge saddle adjust?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Magneto, May 11, 2004.

1. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm having a hard time finding the proper-sized allen wrench to fit my ESP F-204 bridge saddle adjusting screws.
    I don't have a metric set, and I'm sure this is what is needed. The closest size that semi-fits the screws is a 1/16.. I can actually turn the screws with it, but it doesn't fit right. The next lower (and smallest size) is a 050.

I want to run over to the hardware shop to get a set of metrics, but I need to know which metric sizes are closest to that 1/16 so I won't come home with the wrong sizes.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mag...

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    You should just go ahead and buy the set of wrenches. They are less than five bucks for the whole set and one of those will probably fit the truss rod as well as one for the bridge.

An allen wrench that "almost" fits will ruin the setscrews to the point that the right sized wrench wont turn them.

3. Sure, I intend to either buy a set or just that small wrench, but I'm asking if anyone might know that exact size. I actually found a allen wrench that fits properly (in my box of endless wrenches), but I still don't really know what size that is if I were looking for it as part of a set.. Thought someone might know what the metric size (just a hair smaller than 1/16th) would be. The 050 in my set is too small, the 1/16 is .0625, but that's still in decimal inches (not metric), and I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for on the net.

Thanks for the reply though..

4. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    1/16th of an inch is about 1.59mm (1 inch = 25.4mm), so I guess 1.5mm is the dimension you're looking for.

5. That's the size (1.5mm).. picked up a small metric set this morning.. thanks erik.

Mag...