Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allen key sizes

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jimi_harr, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey.
    I have a Mike dirnt sig P bass. I didnt recieve any allen keys with it when i bought it and was wondering what sizes (plus metric or imperial) i should buy for A) the bridge up and down...i.e action and B)the truss rod.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Best bet is for you to buy and entire set of wrenches. They are pretty inexpensive and can come in handy at a gig or just in practice. Personally, I have both a metric and sae set, but you could just buy whichever set fits your bass. Sorry, I don't know which set is correct for the durnst bass

3. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    Aight mate, I posted exactly the same thing as you when I got my first Mike Dirnt sig. People said I beleive it was a .50 I couldnt find any in the shops near me, but all I did was take it to the shop where you got it from and ask them to do it. The music I got mine from are really good and didn't mind doing it. I think if you can find the right size buy one but for now take it back to the shop and let them do it. Make sure its FREE!