Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allen wrenches for Tribute L-2500??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coop, Nov 29, 2003.

1. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I bought a G&L Tribute L-2500 last week and the dealer forgot to put the allen wrenches in the case. Now they have been "lost in the mail" somewhere between here and there.

Does anyone know what sizes these allen wrenches are, so I can just go buy some locally?

Thanks for any info!:bassist:

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Not sure the size but you can just buy a set of allen wrenches for cheap and the right size will be in there.

3. Hell, go to a music store and grab one. Most around here have piles of the things laying around and don't mind letting one go.

4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Not all truss rods use the same size though. Some are a size smaller or bigger

5. There is more then one kind of allen wrench. Music stores are going to have more then one kind if they hope to set up the basses they have... :rolleyes:

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    one of the best investments I have ever made- a $14 set of allen wrenches at Home Depot- includes every size in Metric and US.. I never have to search for one again... i do everythinng from setup my bass to work on my motorcycle with them...