Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Allentown gigspam 7/21!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jondog, Jul 20, 2005.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Hi, it's our first time at Banana Joe's, come out for some fun covers and I'll buy you a beer!

www.SirSquid.com

Thursday, July 21st - Banana Joe's, 318 Hamilton St, Allentown, PA 610-776-6476
    www.bananajoespa.com

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    how about a Guinness ?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Rock on! I'm not going to be able to make it out for this gig, but anytime during the College school year, I'm only a town away!

4. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Sure I'll buy you a Guinness DZ, just introduce yourself. I'll be the bassist :)

We're there twice more in September Timothy, I hope you can make it out. Do you go to Kutztown U? My friend Ron teaches there and sings in a classic rock band.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No, I've got a few friends at Kutztown, but I'm going to Moravian College instead.

6. PA's a little too far, Jon, but I'll do my best to make your next NYC/Brooklyn gig.

Sorry I keep missing you.

Mike

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    No problem Mike, we had a great time. It's a fantastic outdoor venue w/ a huge stage and 3 people to run things just for us -- the mains engineer, monitor engineer, and lighting tech. Luxury! We're used to schlepping everything ourselves and dealing with our motivated but inexperienced engineer. There were *many* beautiful women there because the attraction, much more than us or even the dj, was a special visit from 2 of MTV's Real World guys. They stayed inside w/ the dj, it was so packed in there I didn't even try to see who they were. First set was rough because of our sub drummer, but sets 2 and 3 rocked! Here's a pic . . .

Our next NYC show is 9/9 at Cabin Fever. It's our first time there too.