1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Alleva Coppolo LG5 Classic Supreme - 3TB - Built for Dave Boonshoft of Aguilar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by g4string, Nov 23, 2018.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    I just received this bass a few weeks ago. I've been on the fence about letting this one go. First off, there is nothing wrong with the bass. In fact, quite the contrary. It’s super bad ***. I really want to keep it!! It’s the finest bass I’ve ever played. The action can get stupid low, and it has that perfect jazz bass sound. It sounds stellar passive as well. I’ve heard a few stories about Jimmy and his “hit or miss” reputation when it comes to QC. Not to worry, this bass is a hit!! The fit and finish is spectacular. I guess if you're going to build a bass for Dave Boonshoft, you're prob gonna make sure the bass you're shipping is spot on. My conundrum is that I literally took possession of a custom “built for me” Elrick just a few days prior to receiving the Alleva. I'd rather sell the Elrick and keep the Alleve. But, Elrick resale value is crap. If I knew I could get close to what I paid for my Elrick, I’d sell it and keep the Alleva. Since Alleva’s seem to maintain their value, I’m letting this one go. Ultimately, I feel super greedy and glutinous having almost $10k wrapped up in 2 basses. My conscious is getting the best of me. It's telling me to let one go. This is a HOLY GRAIL bass. I'm not making any money on this....just looking to get back what I have into the bass. $5750 shipped FedEx 2nd day air....PayPal OK.

• 34" scale
    • NYC build w/ slimmed down Alder body
    • Nitro finish
    • Brazilian Rosewood fret board w/ clay dots
    • Hipshot ultralight tuners
    • Aguilar OBP3 preamp
    • ~9lbs

Trades - I need to net $4500 cash my way for any trade offer(s). I would be interested in an Aguilar DB750/751....maybe an AG700 or TH350/500/700. As far as basses, feel free to shoot away with offers.

PHOTOS take from the recent previous sale.

Attached Files:

RRR and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    PM’d

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    On hold/sold.