1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Alleva Coppolo LG5 Supreme! 8.75 lbs.!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by honest abe, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Up for trade or for sale is my beautiful Alleva Coppolo LG5 Supreme. I'll post better pics of the bass within the next couple of days.

THE GOOD:
    It is the best sounding and playing 5 string jazz I've ever owned to date. It is finished with a very thin nitro coat and is made of very light alder. It's very resonant and weighs only 8.75lbs! The neck is maple with the very rare dalbergia negra fretboard option. It was made in 2010. This would run you near 7 grand if ordered today I believe. Cosmetically I would rate this an 8.7 as it has several dings around the body but no deep gouges. The neck is very clean except for flaw noted below.

THE BAD:
    Somewhere along the way the headstock developed a hairline crack that extends a little more than halfway across the face of the headstock. The crack goes around the top and back about the same amount. It does not affect tone, playability, or anything as I can tell now but will need to be adressed at some point. Ive attached a few pictures of the the crack as it is very difficult to photograph. More detailed pics of the flaw can be seen here. ac crack pictures by abraham754 - Photobucket

Asking $3500 or trade for highend fretted 5 string basses.

IMG_1824.
    IMG_1845.
    IMG_1833.
    IMG_1838.
    IMG_1840.
    IMG_1841.
    IMG_1836.
    IMG_1834.
    IMG_1843.
    IMG_1823.
    IMG_1685-1.
    IMG_1700-1.
    IMG_1694-1.
    IMG_1724-1.
    IMG_1694-1.

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Beautiful bass...simply beautiful. I wish that I had the requisite high end bass to trade.

3. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I didnt do it,, hahah
    That was my bass.. I picked the woods and all right after NAMM 2010 and took original delivery at Bass Player 2010 in LA.
    Great bass.. here is a video i took of jimmy making it.. Jimmy Building My New LG5 Kirk Powers - YouTube I was going to get that maple neck but decided on the current one..
    I sold it 3 months after i got it to raise money for a charity event that i donated the money to.. It is lightweight and just a great sounding bass.

Looks like the tuning keys was hit in shipping or something in order to do that to the headstock... It wouldnt bother me at all.. If i had the money i would take that bass in a second... but i just ordered another one from him

4. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Nice bass. Too bad, and kinda strange as I had an RA5 that developed a crack on the headstock (after I owned it), although in a different place. Hmmm....

5. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    This one was mine too, incredible tone and player....
    GLWTS Abe!

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Have you contacted A-C? I would imagine a boutique make of their caliber would replace that neck or repair it for free.

7. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

I highly doubt that, based on my experiences. Just sayin'...

8. If it were a manufacture defect, not as a result of damage.

9. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    Fellas, i played this bass as well and let me say.. Its the only other AC that makes me second guess my current CS LG5. This thing is AWESOME! Even with that defect the B string is super tight. Like Kirk said, if i had the dough id get it as is, just because its THAT good! At this reduced price, im sure somebody will snag it!

From my own personal experience with my bass, repair warranty is only for the original owner..

10. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    That's a lot to ask... Not just from Jimmy but even from a company that offers a transferrable warranty. It's not a manufacturing issue.

This is a great bass, I personally had a hand in it's production... I sanded the body and neck when I worked for Jimmy in 2010... Kirk seemed to like the job I did. :D

11. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Thanks guys for all of the comments. This bad boy has found a new home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.