1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Alleva-Coppolo LG5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hollow Man, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Up for sale is my absolutely stunning Alleva-Coppolo LG5. I received it new from Jimmy at the very beginning of May last year, so she's not even a year old yet! It's a phenomenal bass in equally wonderful shape. This bass truly does it all: tight, even lows, the a punchy, full, clear midrange, and highs that cut without ever getting harsh. And I love the slap tone: I know everyone thinks that the LM is for the slappers, but I've never wanted anything different from it in any playing style.

The specs:
    LG5 - alder/Indian rosewood
    Candy Apple Orange Juice metallic finish
    AC single coils and preamp with passive tone
    60's pickup spacing
    Poly finish

Options/upgrades:
    Neck binding (with dots)
    Bent plate bridge
    Matching headstock
    Vintage neck tint

I've installed Dunlop Dual-Design straplocks; the bass will ship with them installed, but I'll include the original strap buttons as well.

There are two very small flaws in the bass. The first is that the low B rests against the fingerboard behind the nut before the neck slopes into the headstock, and there is a bit of wearing there (pic below). It's just a function of the way that part of the fingerboard/neck was cut; it affects absolutely nothing, and obviously isn't even visible when the bass is strung. Second, around the bottom edge of the bridge, there is a small lip in the poly finish. It looks like Jimmy may have put the bridge on a bit tight (or before it was totally dry), and the finish raised just slightly (pic below). However it happened, the bridge sits perfectly flat on the body, and the strings are straight as an arrow along the neck, with perfect spacing from the B and G strings to the fingerboard edge. Both of these are factory conditions, and the bass is in almost identical condition to how it was received by me.

I'm looking for $3300 shipped/insured in the lower 48 in either a very nice SKB hardshell case or a great Mono M80 gig bag (your choice). Absolutely not considering trades. I will only consider shipping outside the US if the buyer pays for Fedex/UPS shipping so that I can insure the bass for its full value and track it (USPS provides neither for OCONUS deliveries).

Pics!
    4523986251_00024255dc.
    4523986917_9d6f03ed3f.
    4524617446_331483c914.
    4524617154_9b6f73aed8.
    4523986089_ded7ee47d8.
    4524617640_0b0a012dab.
    4523988597_09db82520b.
    4523987977_2ae12002f4.
    4523988227_a0f77a8474.

2. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Wow! Exactly what I would want if I could have an AC. Wish I had the scratch. This won't last long anyway.

3. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Bump for a beautiful bass. I wouldn't consider this a flaw because I had an AC with the same thing. It's the way it was designed and built and it was never a hindrance. I love the color. GL :)

4. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I agree, it's not a flaw per se, but since this isn't exactly an SX, I felt like it was worth mentioning in the interest of full disclosure.

5. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Oh my....:eek: This bass is a killer!!!! I had the joy of playing this bass at our GTG a few weeks ago and is the ONLY bass that has ever made me consider selling my beloved Sadowsky and auctioning off a kidney. I wanted this bass but with twins on the way, I just cannot swing.

This thing better not be here tomorrow. This is a killer deal for a monster bass!

6. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Twins??!?! I knew you were pregnant (well, not you...), but I had no idea! Congrats man! If there were ever a reason to pass up something you want, twins would be it. Thanks for the kind words Chris!

7. Flat out one of my top 3 fav basses ever....

8. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    PM sent

9. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    Weight? and what camera did you use for the photo's?

10. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    The A-C is on hold!

11. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    The bass is on hold, but since you asked, it weighs around 9.5lbs (my 0.5lb-increment scale says I'm 197.5 with no bass, and 206.5 with it, and I'm willing to round up 0.5lbs to be conservative), and I used my Nikon D90 with F/1.8 50mm prime lens.

12. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    Sweet! I'm so looking forward to getting my hands around this :)

13. wow!!!!!! Thats a flat out steal for that bass :eek:

14. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I wish I liked playing fivers.

15. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    and finally, a bass player with critical thinking skills, able to determine how to accurately weigh a bass on your average bathroom scale:hyper:

16. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Hey man, I just looked at your website; you take great pics! Very well done!

Haha, I knew that engineering degree would be good for something. I may not be much of a bass player, but I've been internationall recognized in the art of subtraction. :smug:

I've received a veritable ton of PMs asking to be next in line if my current sale falls through, and I apologize for not responding to each of them individually. If this sale doesn't pan out, I will notify each of you in succession until someone bites. Thanks for all the interest!

17. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Just a prediction... On hold and sold.

What a bass, I love A-C's!

18. funk generator

funk generator Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    hmmmm i think its time to go into the bank robbing buissness. bump for a gorgious bass :)

19. was3funk

was3funk

Jul 3, 2006
    Colorado
    Paid in full, thanks so much Aaron!

20. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Congrats was3funk!

Thread Status: