1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Alleva Coppolo LM5 (Light Weight)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by otto B, Nov 16, 2017.

1. otto B

otto B SUSPENDED Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale this hard to get bass and very collectible Alleva Coppolo LM5.
    This is the original Tom Barney Prototype #1, it has the smaller body and its very light weight at around 9.3lbs for a LM. Awesome sounding bass. It comes with two bridges 18mm and 19mm (installed). The bass has normal player wear but excellent condition all around. It has 1 AC pickup guard (some scratches) (installed) and 2 after market (look like new). It comes with a Protec bag. I just install a brand new set of d'addario nyxl strings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    diglo, Not yet, basses55 and 4 others like this.
  2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Very cool bass. Is this the same LM that had a white pick guard and sold last weekend?

What is a Tom Barney Prototype? Is it different from a regular LM? (ie. smaller body?)

3. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    Sorry to hear you're being deployed for a year. I thought you just made it back to Texas after going to a couple of other bases for the last several years. I thought things were stabilizing for you. Anyway, thanks for all you do buddy!

4. otto B

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I thought I was done too. However they Army needs some someone to overwatch a Academy training in Afghanistan. I praying they can find someone else, but if I have to go then got to go.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Alphaman likes this.
  5. otto B

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    I had to ask Jimmy what is the difference. He said the nut spacing is a little bit narrow. It just feel perfect. super comfortable.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Kmrumedy likes this.
  6. otto B

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    This is a very special and collectable bass, I decided to keep it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  7. Strokey

Strokey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Florida
    Dang! What a bass for the price. Someone needs to get this ASAP, or I’m getting a divorce!

8. osuok88

osuok88 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX - USA
    pm sent

9. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    STL
    LOL, I just got an LM5 in the last 2 months so I have some immunity right now. Hope you fare well in divorce court. She may get the bass too...lol! Good luck!

ETA... I've owned 2 LM5's and they are awesome basses! New owner will not regret the bass...he/ she may regret the divorce, but not the bass!

10. otto B

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas
    Sold

Alphaman likes this.